Did you find this article while searching for advice for stroke survivors to make the most out of their recovery? I'll share some information that I hope will be helpful.
As you know, it is important to maintain healthy habits to prevent a future stroke. Even though many people know the importance of stroke management, they may feel they don’t know how to undertake the process. So today, I'm going to introduce 5 apps that can help you manage your stroke continuously.
5 Apps for Stroke Survivors to faster recover
- Calm - Meditation app
- Rehabit - Recovery habit change app
- Medisafe - Medication reminder app
- Cozi - Family organizer app
- Peak - Brain training app
After a stroke, you may experience sudden emotional changes or sleep poorly. Many experts say that we should try to accept and control the emotional changes, and make adjustments to our lifestyle and environment to achieve better sleep. One of the best ways to control emotional change is to meditate. Meditation allows you to control anxiety and refocus your energy.
Calm is a top-performing app for Sleep, Meditation and Relaxation. This app has over 50 million downloads and over 700,000 5-star reviews. It was also honored to be an Apple BEST OF 2018 award winner, Apple's App of the Year 2017, Google Play Editor's Choice 2018, and was named by the Center for Humane Technology as "the world's happiest app".
The main functions of Calm:
- Meditate (Learn the life-changing skill of meditation)
- Sleep (Get more restful sleep and wake up feeling refreshed)
- Music (Exclusive music to help you focus, relax, and sleep)
- Calm Price: Free, or a paid premium subscription of $14.99/month, $69.99/year, or $399.99/lifetime.
- Download: iOS / Android
There's a lot to take care of after a stroke, but are you at a loss where to start? Rehabit is a comprehensive wellness and stroke recovery program, incorporating a decade of Neofect’s rehabilitation expertise and extensive research on health and wellness.
Our engaging and life-changing materials are based on rehabilitation strategies that facilitate neuroplasticity, helping you to make brain changes that will allow you to return to your routines and get your life back on track.
1) Lasting habit changes: Rehabit explains the how and why behind stroke recovery tips, making it easy and satisfying to adopt healthy habits into your lifestyle.
2) Everything you need to create your own recovery habits: Get easy-to-read daily articles and educational material on stroke rehab, behavioral health, lifestyle, nutrition, mindfulness, and more.
3) Comprehensive video exercises: Maximize your recovery with daily video tutorials and professional exercise demonstrations Exercise content is tailored to your capabilities to help you stay focused, consistent, and successful.
4) Track and analyze your daily progress: Rehabit will help guide you to stay on track with your personal wellness goals.
- Rehabit Price: Free, or VIP subscription of $19.99/monthly plan, $49.99/3 month plan, $69.99/6 month plan, $99.99/Annual Plan
- Basic rehab content (Limited articles, exercises, and videos)
- Daily missions
- Upgrade to the VIP Plan to Jump-Start Recovery
Rehabit offers a free plan including a limited selection of educational content. Subscribers can maximize their experience with the VIP plan, providing unlimited reading and video content, customized daily missions, and regular evaluations and progress reports.
With Medisafe, you get personalized reminders for each of your medications and vital drug interaction warnings. You can stay connected to your caregivers through real-time missed medication alerts.
The main features:
- Med and Refill Reminders: Be notified when your prescriptions are running low so you are never without your meds.
- Drug Interaction Warnings: Get an alert whenever any of your prescribed medications should not be taken together (US only).
It is also important to maintain a strong social network with family and friends after stroke. It's even better if your social network is supportive of your recovery journey and helps you stay on task during your daily routine!
Cozi is the must-have organizer for families. It helps coordinate and communicate everyone’s schedules and activities, track grocery lists, manage to do lists, plan ahead for dinner, and keep the whole family on the same page.
As a stroke survivor, you are understandably focused on improving the quality of your daily life. Another important part of any recovery program is brain training to restore and enhance cognitive function. To boost your thinking skills, try the brain training workouts offered in the popular Peak app.
The Peak app is a great choice to challenge your brain. You can push your cognitive skills, train hard, and make great use of your time with fun, stimulating games and workouts. The Peak app was honored Best of the year and Editor’s Choice in both AppStore and GooglePlay.
The games are designed to push you hard with short, intense workouts designed around your life. You can challenge the skills that matter to you most with games that test your focus, memory, problem solving, reaction time and more.
Meet Coach, your personal trainer in Peak. The coach will challenge you with new workouts, track your progress, and show you where and how you can improve, keeping you motivated and pushing you further.
So far, we've introduced 5 apps that are useful to stroke survivors. As consistent rehabilitation is important for stroke recovery, I encourage you to use the apps above consistently to help boost your stroke recovery. This information is intended for informational purposes, so we advise readers to refer to each website for more information.